Avato develops enterprise applications for customers in the financial, insurance, health care,
As the developer of the Avato enterprise application integration platform, we use Avato together with our methodologies, secure coding practices, standards and recommendations from W3C, Oasis, OMG, PCI, IEEE and ISO coupled with industry best practices to implement effective
We are currently seeking a Senior Java EE Developer to join our growing team. The selected individual will have at least five years’ experience working in a professional consultant capacity, with the ability to work effectively from their own home/office environment, at our offices at downtown Vancouver,
The ideal candidate will have strong skills and experience in the following areas
- Scalable Java Enterprise development (J2EE), including extensive use of JSP Pages, Servlets, Session Beans, Entity Beans, Bean Managed Persistence (BMP), and SQL.
- XML, XML Schema (XSD), XML Stylesheets (XSLT) 2.0/3.0, XPath, and other related XML technologies.
- W3C and OASIS recommendations, including use of JAXP, DOM and SAX.
- SOAP standards including WS-I recommendations.
- SQL, including data modeling, especially ANSI SQL, MariaDB, MySQL, SQL Server, and Oracle.
- JSON, JSON-LD, and RESTful services.
- Highly-available web applications and services, especially using JBoss.
- Network communications including TCP/IP sockets and HTTP transports.
- Secure development and deployment modeling and implementation using best practices from PCI and OWASP.
- Object Orientation and Service Orientation architectures.
- Windows and Posix/*NIX environments.
Nice to have skills include
- Reverse Engineering UML Modeling, especially using Sparx Enterprise Architect.
- Knowledge of the financial, healthcare, and/or government services IT landscapes.
- Temenos T24 experience.
- HL7 experience.
For further information, please submit your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.