Avato, the hottest HIP provider in the West, is hunting for the right Infrastructure Lead.
Avato’s Hybrid Integration Platform is relied on by complex financial institutions and health organizations who need to thrive in complex, highly-regulated environments. We are a seasoned organization with a new business model, a new brand and a technology platform with capabilities and benefits unavailable from others in the market.
We are growing and are ready to add a new professional to our team.
In the Infrastructure Lead role, you will be a key member of the team, ensuring that our internal and client systems are well maintained and up to date so that our company runs smoothly without a pause in service. You will often help our clients with deployment of our hybrid integration platform and make infrastructure and networking recommendations in line with the company’s reputation for excellence.
The Avato culture is smart, fun and frankly, quite open. If there is an issue, we discuss it until it’s resolved. There is full freedom to call it as we see it. Technically, we are known as thought leaders in a space haunted by large, cranky, ineffective software providers who are all brand and no results.
We run the company in a semi-virtual manner because that is our cultural preference:
· working from home or office or coffee shop;
· supporting our staff and clients face to face, remotely or from our Vancouver or Victoria offices;
· you may have other clients or initiatives with whom you work outside of the company, all good.
To start, we are looking for 60 hours per month of highly accountable & committed value from you. If we both love each other after your first projects, we can agree to grow your role (right up to full time).
Who you are:
· You are a security-oriented professional
· You have a minimum of 8 years of experience, including at least two years at a financial institution where you were responsible for mission-critical systems and infrastructure
· You are well skilled in both Microsoft and Linux environments
· You are skilled with virtualization and containerization
· You are able to support Windows / Office desktop users (ideally, you are also familiar with supporting Apple/Mac users, but this is not a deal-breaker)
· You are familiar with supporting software development projects and initiatives
· You have solid scripting skills including windows batch files, PowerShell, and bash
· You are experienced in implementing all aspects of standard business systems and services, e.g. User roles and permissions, domain controllers, backup solutions, monitoring and maintenance, etc.
· You are highly skilled at troubleshooting
· You have solid RedHat and ideally, JBOSS EAP experience
· You are familiar with maintaining JIRA, Bamboo, SuiteCRM and Subversion
· You have great networking skills, including setting up and maintaining VPNs, DNS and firewalls
· You possess at least basic MSSQL and MySQL database skills (composing and running queries, updating or preparing databases, and backup and archiving of data)
Initially, you will begin by migrating certain systems to different data centres which you will help recommend. Beyond this, the role has three parts to it: maintenance and planning activities, providing support, and occasionally performing project work with us and our customers to create seamless customer and staff experiences leveraging our hybrid integration platform. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in complex environment and excels at working with both technical and non-technical folk. Your written communications will impress us, and you are a pleasure to work with. You’ll work very closely with our CEO and other senior team members in supporting our projects and initiatives and will fast become a critical component of our company’s ongoing success.
- Contact us to get the rest of the story.