Who Are We?
Avato’s Hybrid Integration Platform is relied on by complex financial institutions and health organizations who need to thrive in complex, highly-regulated environments. We are a seasoned product with a new business model, a new brand and a technology platform with capabilities and benefits unavailable from others in the market.
The Avato culture is smart, fun and frankly, quite open. If there is an issue, we discuss it until it’s resolved. There is full freedom to call it as we see it. Technically, we are known as thought leaders in a space haunted by large, cranky, ineffective software providers who are all brand and no results.
This is a ground floor opportunity; you’ll join our team as one of the first 10 Avato’s while the company grows from its first commercial deployments to scale-up giant killer. You will work directly with our Chief Architect and CEO and will participate in mentoring and being mentored in the development of successful mission critical projects for high-profile government, healthcare and banking customers.
We are currently seeking a seasoned UX Designer with the ability to work effectively from their own environment, usually remotely but occasionally with the team in our office in Vancouver or Victoria.
In this role, you will be expected to:
- Design seamless user workflows and onboarding experiences
- Design, construct, integrate, test and maintain user interface screens that will form part of and be distributed with the Avato platform
- Implement transforms from XML or other structured data formats into HTML5 and SVG using XSLT, SaxonJS and / or other mechanisms
- Write raw HTML and Java Server Pages (JSP)
- Produce graphics and icons as required
Who Are You?
You enjoy both learning from and sharing knowledge with the other team members. You also have:
- 4+ years of experience in implementing user interfaces, and at least two years designing and optimizing user experiences
- Fluent in English, with excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the company
- Proficiency designing and prototyping with tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud
- Experience designing customer facing products
- Understanding of the current state of technology and best practices
- Strong practical knowledge of user-centered design methodologies, usability principles, web-based information architecture and design—understand accepted UX and UI process standards well enough to be entitled to selectively abandon them
- Demonstrated strong visual design expertise with ability to produce fresh, simple, elegant and exceedingly usable layouts and interactions and iconography
- Background creating accessible designs
- Excellent communication skills
- User experience methodologies
- Ability to work with to XML, XSLT and SaxonJS
- Java Server Pages (JSP)
- Adobe Creative Cloud
What we are proud to offer:
- Compassion for each individual to find a balance between their professional and personal life’s;
- Flexible work hours that allow you to maximize personal time;
- Compensation package commensurate with your level of experience;
- Employee Stock Option Plan;
- Competitive benefits package;
- Holidays start at 3 weeks plus “put out fires only” mode from start of Christmas week to end of New Years’ week;
- $1000 budget to get yourself set up at home to work efficiently (not including laptop);
- Approved professional development costs covered by the company
- Health and Fitness bursary: up $50/ month to be used for that spin class or gym membership
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated and committed to recruiting and selecting applicants on the basis of their qualifications. We strive to increase our diversity and encourage applications from all candidates that meet any of our requirements. We are focused on equality and believe that increasing diversity of thought and lived experience makes us stronger together.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their application. Please note: all applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
To apply for this position, please got to this link.